*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523255-82-blues-skiesand-Im-a-thundercloud
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#523255 added July 23, 2007 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
82, blues skies....and I'm a thundercloud!
Ever have one of those days where it seems everything isn't going quite right, and then it starts to go downhill...and then it just flat out goes bad? Been one of those days although none of it is all that terrible. But it was just a slew of little miserable things. Work over the weekend (which I didn't) didn't go as well as I expected. That is some of the folks who worked....didn't! It should have been the same old, same old routine...but things weren't done for some odd reason.....no biggie...like coffee not made.....smokes not counted... I mean, Hello? Now this wasn't new people or folks who didn't know any better...this was just not being bothered. Sigh. We have a meeting come friday and the velvet gloves are off and Fyn's going to start playing hardball. A shame really...these aren't kids. Adults. Mature adults. Argh!

Then there is the soap opera that some folks seem to feel the need to be a part of. Some folks apparently have no lives of their own or are pathetically bored and just like to jump in the middle of stuff and then react without sufficient information to make the judgment calls they are making. All of which results in upset people, indignation and more definitions of integrity and honor that have nothing to do with any denotation or connotations of those words that I've ever heard of. So sad. So needless. So stupid!!! Soap opera belong on tv. Drama queens and kings belong in...um...what is the name of that 'tabloid?' Sure hope none of those people ever are called to be on a jury. I would question their veracity, heck I wonder if they'd have the capacity to make a good judgment call even when presented with both sides of an issue.

Worse, I simply do not understand why some people feel the need to create scenarios that are completely false! For example. A phone call to work with someone calling out because they had a child at the emergency room with a badly broken leg. Ok....sure, I'll get someone to cover. No problem. Then not three hours later said kid goes riding blithely by on her bike. Same person, different day. 'I can't come in because I'm really sick. and I need to go to the hospital because they say i need some big tests...and OHHH I'm so worried cuz they think I might have cancer or something.' Sure (What else can you really say) We'll cover for you. This, of course being the last day they work before 4 days off......A week later...I ask....so...'how'd the tests come out?' 'What tests?' 'At the hospital.' 'Oh those tests.......*you can see wheels turning as they try to come up with something to say*....'we don't know yet'. Really.....hmmmmm........ok.......
Problem is....another employee saw them at the fair the afternoon they should have been at work.......

Why not just ask if there was any way they could get the afternoon off to go to the fair...or get someone to work their shift? Why the elaborate lies? The mind games? The flipping bullshit? I do not understand why folks feel the need to create such stuff.

Anyway...that's been my day...sure hope yours was a heck of a lot better.


© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523255-82-blues-skiesand-Im-a-thundercloud