*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523278-July-23---500
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by flicka
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1290118
This is for the 500 Word a Day Challenge
#523278 added July 23, 2007 at 7:43pm
Restrictions: None
July 23 500+
First draft of a query letter.


I would like to propose an idea for a book. I am already doing dome research for the book as a personal interest project.
The book is about the AKC Working Group and the working / versatility titles that are awarded by the individual breed clubs.
There are several competitions that are multi breed and those will be explained in the firs t= section of the book. These include obedience, rally, confirmation, tracking, agility. These completions are included in the requirements for most of the titles so I will discus these competitions all in one section of the book.
I will talk about the purpose of each competition, the history of the competition such as
Who started it and when it was started, a general discussion so the rules of each level of that specific competition and the requirements for earning these titles.
I will also include a history of the first working breed dog to earn the titles and also kennels or individual dogs of note.

On to the second section of the book. This is where I will cover each breed individually. For example the Bernese Mountain Dog club of America offers Drafting titles and Versatility and Working Dog Awards.
The Drafting title has two levels, the Novice Draft dog and the open draft dog.
The Versatility award requires titles from Obedience, agility , herding. The working dog title is divided into working dog and working dog excellent awards.
This award requires titles in Draft dog, obedience, tracking, herding, agility . The working dog excellent award requires slightly higher awards in the same competitions.
Here I would go into more detail about the drafting titles and what is required to earn them as well as a history of the title including dogs that have been awarded the title and kennels or breeders of note.
I am hoping to get interview with several people involved with each breed and the respective titles and awards. I also hope to get pictures of good representatives of each breed and individual pics oof asome noteworthy dogs that have gained these titles.



I am a dog lover and I have trained, showed and bred dogs in the past. I now have physical limitations that don’t allow participation in doggie events.
I am looking forward to getting a service dog in the next few months.

I have written stories and kept a jpournal for 20 + years. I have recently decided to combine these two loves and try to write a book. Looking at your web site I saw that you are willing to work with new and inexperienced writers.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Carol Neumann
Home phone
Cell phone
Caroln62@sbcglobal.net email




Where does the email in my inbox come from

Three different blindness related lists
One cooking blind list
One breed specific dog list
One service dog list
Several writing lists

G mail addy
Papa Johns pizza
Kim Kommando computer list
A few private emails





Thanks for stopping by
Flicka
© Copyright 2007 flicka (UN: msflicka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
flicka has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523278-July-23---500