*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523640-music
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#523640 added July 25, 2007 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
music
I need music to work. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm working, I'll start losing my temper, feeling irritable, and suddenly I'll realize I don't have any music playing. Once I get some music on, I have lots more patience.

I like listening to internet radio because it gives me a range of music, some new, some I love, etc. I have been using Yahoo Launch, but it has bugs. It stops working or won't give me song info, and I get irritated again. I've tried a few others (including last.fm which Wendopolis really enjoys), but the one I'm hooked on at the moment is live365.com. AL mentioned it the other day, and I forgot that I had an account with them.

The only thing that sucks is that you have to figure out what genre you like to get the songs you'd like. Can you pick one genre? Do you know what to call the music you like? Genres change so often, and the meanings of the genres change all the time. (Emo isn't what it used to be, neither is alternative, etc.)

I like Brit-Pop, but when I browse stations for it, I get stations that play the Beatles. Today I tried a station called "DMPulse," and it's great! So far today it's played Bright Eyes, The Fratellis, Bravery, Tegan & Sara, and a few others.

I also like Modern Rock stations, though I'm not a big fan of Creed-sounding bands. *shudders*

Do you need music while you work? What kind of music? Do you prefer new bands or ones you already know?

© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523640-music