*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524690-Rant
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1298809
This is a journal.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#524690 added July 30, 2007 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Rant?
Has anyone noticed how stand-offish people are on this site? You give them a compliment, and the conversation goes something like...

Me: "wow, you write well"
Them: "Thank you, I know"
---silence---



Are you serious? There are very few people that I have actually meant that to, when I speak to them. My mother being one of those people, shes incredible...but she doesn't have an ego about her writing.

When your poem is SO profound that it takes 9 years just to figure out what your talking about, it doesn't mean you can write well. It means you can waste my time and everyone else's, Congratulations.

Usually I just try to start a conversation to see just how much of a pretentious mess the other person is. I guarantee you if someone complimented me, I would sit there and talk to them, and bounce ideas off of them, and make FRIENDS with them...not just ignore them like they are mediocre compared to your greatness.

Unless you are making millions from your poems, or are even a recognized author...take the time to talk to the "little people"





© Copyright 2007 Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (UN: xfactor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524690-Rant