*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525787-The-effects-of-going-to-shows
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#525787 added August 4, 2007 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
The effects of going to shows
Sometimes when I get home from shows and try to go to bed, I can hear music. It's really faint, and I can tell it's just in my head. Last night, though, I could have sworn there was music playing in our room. It sounded like that faint, tinny sound of someone else listening to headphones really loud. All I could hear was drums and vocals. I turned the fan off, though, and got silence. It wasn't real. *Confused*

I got so mad last night at the show! We were talking to a guy in a local band, and he asked Traci, "Do you do CD reviews?" She said yes, and he asked, "So, how does this work? I pay you, and you write about it?"

It seems that's what all the other publications do (in our area at least). I've heard of one making bands pay to be on their cover, and now this?? That appalls me!! It's disgusting, to make bands pay to be in their magazines!! A magazine chooses its cover based on who will sell the most copies. The band is working for the magazine by selling issues based on their image and their mention in the magazine!

To quote what Traci said last night, "That's not journalism; that's prostitution!"

Other than that, the night was great. We had some great talks with Panacea and other friends. We gave out a lot of magazines, and everyone seemed to appreciate what we do. We were thrilled! *Smile*

I'm not sure what I'm doing today yet. I probably won't be here too much, as is normal for weekends, really. I can't let go of that idea I have for a contest... I talked to Traci about it last night, and she liked the idea. I just might create it, and maybe ask for opinions on it. I may also ask for co-judges/coordinators, since I might need help with it. It's not a writing contest exactly... but almost. I think it's kind of different... *Pthb*

My picks for the day:

Activities

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Very cool! I've been meaning to make mine...

 Labyrinth  [E]
From the 1986 Jim Henson Movie of the same title
by JustTurtle

It isn't finished, but it's a LOT of fun!


Newbie items

 Far Too Many Chemicals.  [18+]
A stream of embittered, angsty consciousness.
by HereIsNoWhy?

Very cool poem! (not your average poem, in my opinion)

 Argument  [E]
A small poem.
by Rheias

Good use of alliteration and assonance in the first two lines. *Smile*





© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525787-The-effects-of-going-to-shows