*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526945-Voila-I-have-returned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#526945 added August 9, 2007 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Voila! I have returned!
Yup... I'm back!

I was sick for a few days (throwing up, yadda yadda) and so was prevented from posting here.

Update on my life: Finished "Anna Karenina"... Yay me! I didn't like the ending so much, since it was almost anticlimactic, but that's okay, right? Wrong... But it was an okay book.

Read "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott. It was pretty darn good. Sort of a memoir/writing instruction manual. I'm going to go back and reread. It was pretty inspiring.

Finished chapter 26 (*punches Bane for making me write a chapter about him*) and am working on 27 (*punches Quina for making me write a chapter about her*). I would have finished it before now, but I was sick and too crabby to do anything.

Yup... yup... ummm... OH! I've decided to start a writing project (based on inspiration from "Bird by Bird") where I am going to write an essay every day for at least a month, based on whatever comes to mind. Then I guess I will post it here or just keep it for myself. (think along the lines of my "blood" post so long ago if you actually read my archives. ;D) Anyhoo, that's just to keep me in practice and help me write something other than fantasy. Plus I might go people watching. Fun stuff that. I recommend it. You sit in some public place with a notebook or computer and watch the people around you. (do it inconspicuously, or people might think that you are some kind of stalker... hehe...) Anyhoo, when you find some kind of person that interests you, you describe them to the detail in your notebook. What they are wearing, what they look like, how they are acting. 'tis fun.

For an example, I was once in a grocery store and this girl walked by me. She was tall (I wouldn't be surprised if she was over 6 feet... She towered over me and I'm pretty tall) and stick thin. She was wearing heavy red eyeshadow, with a haunted expression in her eyes, like she was being hunted. She was wearing a black mini-skirt and a red tank top, with a pair of heels. When she went past me, she had a tattoo that stretched across her entire upper back, with abstract designs. I thought I saw a dragon in it, but I was distracted by my siblings. (Note to all people watchers: you have to do this by yourself, because otherwise your companions with distract you. Unless they are writers as well and they go people watching with you. Then it is okay.) But overall, she just struck me with the hunted, furitive look that was in her eyes. (I hope that she wasn't some sort of shop lifter or anything... O.O) It was just so inspirational that I was able to figure out how to solve some of my woes on a side project I am doing.

Anyhoo, I'm off to go work on my stuff... Chapter writing and essay writing and actual life and all that. Ta!

~SilverGryphon
http://www.fictionpress.com/~gryphonfledglingofsilverwings

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526945-Voila-I-have-returned