*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526975-We-are-home-againand-praising-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#526975 added August 9, 2007 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
We are home again..and praising God
August 9, 2007

As the previous blog entry stated, Jamie was admitted by the pediatrician on Monday...a friend of mine made the entry for me...thanks Robyn *Smile*

I don't know where to even begin...I guess at the end..lol..he's fine, fever free and back to himself. Temp finally broke yesterday evening..he's been fever free ever since. They believe he had adeno virus (sp?) after consulting with infectious disease doctors at the children's hospital.

We battled temps up and down for 7 days. 4 at home (with a trip to the immediate care center and 2 Er's) and 3.5 at the hospital. When meds were in him and his temp was down (though never broken until last night) he was in a decent mood....mostly. Because he's 4 it's all very interesting and exciting...He was very brave when they put in the IV, didn't even cry. He got to ride on a cart (like the one daddy uses to fix the car) and slide into a donut machine (ct scan..lol) He learned how to take his own oxygen sat's...he took the nurses o2 sats and temps, he got to eat in his bed and he got to pee in a BIG CUP every time he went potty.  He's glad the IV is out-was ready to be done with that Tuesday and was ready to come home..darn near broke my heart crying to come home as his temperature spiked on Tuesday.

While it was exciting for him I feel like I've been living in a flipping nightmare. Mind you, he was never in true danger..all of the preliminary bloodwork and tests were negative, white count fine, chest xray clear...etc...but that almost made it worse..just not even knowing what was going on in my baby's body. watching as his temp climbed and he went from being a very active and energetic little boy last week to by Monday being lethargic and cranky even when the temps were down. I've had very little sleep in all that time-Monday night probably being the worst...Mike and I both stayed in the hospital with him. He was seen in the ped's office with a temp of 104. On admission it was down to 102.7. They did the lab work and such before he finally got to eat about 5pm..but at this point none of us had had anything....once he ate and watched movies (ped's has dvd's/vcr's in the rooms and movies to pick from) then settled in to sleep. At 10:30 his temp started climbing and they gave him meds...but 1:30 it was down to like 101...by 2:30 it was back up to 103.6...meds didn't help and an hour later it was 104. After more meds it finally came back down to 101-. That was around 4am. He slept until 9:30 ish...ate breakfast, we went to the play room and walked around teh floor  (with the IV pole) ...until about 12pm..when his temp climbed again..we spiked midday and again at around8pm....He is happy and healthy now thankfully....the dr talked abour releasing him yesterday..pending hte final test results..but then he spiked again yesterday afternoon (caught at 101.2) and brought down with meds...that was the last time he ran a temp. if he runs again in hte next few days that high we'll have to call them back...but they just couldn't find anything wrong..the assumption is viral.....his behavior being back to normal and the lack of temp support this.

We are supposed to move in 8 days..time and money are short and I'm an emotional wreck in all this. Not only did I  fall apart and question whether we were going to make it on Monday but I feel very disconnected...from everyone. And I question,why all this, why now..... I know He's here, know He's with me and appreciate everyone's prayers...I just don't even know what to do anymore.

I've got to get off here and take care of things. Thanks for all the prayers, love, concern and emails...I'll try to get back to you in the next few days.

hugs and blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526975-We-are-home-againand-praising-God