*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527338-All-about-ME
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#527338 added August 11, 2007 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
All about ME!!
My family, for the most part, has always approached holidays with less sentimentality and excitement than most people.

The only days we treat more special than even Christmas are birthdays. It’s the one day out of the year that belongs solely to the person born on that day.

I felt bad for my mom, Tom, and my sister, because they share their birthdays in the first two weeks of October.

Me, on the other hand, had the entire month of August to myself.

In fact, I was so happy having it all to myself, I told Dave before we married that I was open to any day of the year except the 31 in August.

I’ve always loved my birthday because I’m the center of attention, and treated like the queen I am (kidding!! Sheesh, I’m egotistical, but I do have my limits).

My uncle and his girlfriend came by last night to drop off a computer they're having trouble with and want me to take a look at.

I "happened" to mention my birthday, so they took me out to supper. After we ate (I had seafood pasta with massive shrimp, scallops, and Alaskan king crab meat. Yummy), Judy "happened" to mention my birthday was the next day to the waitress.

I held up my hands and said, "Please, no singing!!"

She laughed and said, "No problem. You don't want me to sing anyway."

A few minutes later she brought me the cake with a single candle and wished me a happy birthday. Wasn't that sweet? Even sweeter is the entire restaurant staff didn't surround me and sing a stupid birthday song. I never did like when they did that. I may like being the center of attention, but not that much.

Plus, there’s the loot. I mean, what is a birthday without lots ‘o loot?

So what are you waiting for? Gimme my birthday presents! I deserve them, you know, not necessarily because it’s my birthday, but because I’m allowing you to celebrate it with me. Certainly that’s worth some gratitude expressed via a gift or two, don’t you think?

Yes, in case you’re wondering, I’m kidding in the previous paragraph.

Sort of *snicker*.

I hope you all have a wonderly Saturday. I’m going to, even if I have to threaten my family with physical harm in order to get it.

*Sits by mailbox with laptop awaiting more material and electronic birthday gifts*

Don’t forget to grab a piece of cake! There's lots left. It's chocolate with a layer of amaretto (I think) pudding and lots of whipped cream.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527338-All-about-ME