*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527708
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1304672
A fantasy tale of friends facing off against foe.
#527708 added August 13, 2007 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 15: Reese
Shadow walker. Shadow dweller. No one really knew what to call him. Most didn’t have any idea what he could do anyhow. Even if he wanted to tell someone the extent of what he could do, no one would listen to him anyhow. That was part of the design. He’d been chosen for his position in life along with his appearances.

Because he could look both male and female, innocent and guilty, old and young, he was the best recipient for this spiritual guidance. Failure came twice before because he could not blend in well enough. That mistake would not be repeated again.

Any who shared in his beliefs, but not his insight, thought the goal of life was to eliminate their other selves so there was only one in the universe. He knew better than that. The goal, truly, was to create as many sources of energy as possible.

If the others in the universe were eliminated into just one being in just one realm, they knew their strength would be that of a god. Even divided in two they would be stronger than other mortals. Death was permanent though. Being as how every one of oneself was connected, he could will them all to cooperate. The strength of two hundred was better than two any day. Divided so greatly, he wouldn’t have to worry about giving himself away either. Learning how to do this was tricky though and very few had mastered what needed to be done in order to be the superior. In fact, only six had mastered it.
© Copyright 2007 Adla Brown (UN: adlabrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adla Brown has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527708