*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527722
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1304672
A fantasy tale of friends facing off against foe.
#527722 added August 13, 2007 at 3:13am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 25: Reese Makes His Move
As Brecker moved through the realms trying to figure out all the pawns in this game, he was busy setting them all in place so that when he made his final strike it would be deadly. This game of cat and mouse had gone on too long. His predecessors were too weak to finish the man off and he did not share that fault of theirs. When he had a chance to strike, he would, and he would strike with venom that would surely kill.

Nicholas Kray had been the last to surface for Brecker but Reese knew of him long ago. This was his only formidable opponent and so the only way he could defeat him without exerting too much effort was to get him on his side. Thusly, he joined the force. There were more reasons than just Kray to have joined with the league of boys in blue, but none of them were so tempting as to corrupt the hero of this challenge, to poison him against the five that he was supposed to be helping.

Brecker posed the perfect situation for him to make his move as well. When the man was shot and killed, when the cop was shot as well, there was only one person to turn to and that was the Rookie. The Rookie that left himself open to be used by the criminal. The Rookie that didn’t cover his partner the way that he was supposed to. The Rookie that sent Kray to the hospital because he had pudding for brains and the reflex of a slug was now gone and in his place came Reese.

Because he had been outstanding in his own precinct they were reluctant to let him transfer. When he pulled a few strings for himself though, he found himself right where he wanted to be. Standing at the desk of the recently returned Officer Kray, he looked humbled by his dedication, eager to learn under him, and happy to bring to the table what he already knew. Standing at a modest six feet, his brown hair was cut short, a neat look that upheld the tradition of what a police officer should look like. His uniform was pressed and he was an outstanding image of what he ought to be. To start with, he knew he was going to have to win this man over. From there he would call the shots.

They shook hands and he was given a tour of the precinct that he now called home. They got to know each other over the first day and he was pretty sure he was impressed by the fact that he didn’t make any of the same mistakes most rookies did. He’d only been in the field for a year or better. Everything was going according to plan.
© Copyright 2007 Adla Brown (UN: adlabrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adla Brown has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527722