*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528289-This-is-so-where-I-am-at
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#528289 added August 15, 2007 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
This is so where I am at
August 15, 2007

Stumbled across this passage by Joel Osteen -something I so needed to read..I've not read much by him but have read a bit here and there online.

He says "Trust God’s Timing: Human nature tends to want everything right now. When we pray for our dreams to come to pass, we want them to be fulfilled immediately. But we have to understand, God has an appointed time to answer our prayers and to bring our dreams to pass. And the truth is, no matter how badly we want it sooner, it’s not going to change His appointed time. When we misunderstand God’s timing, we live upset and frustrated, wondering when God is going to do something. But when you understand God‘s timing, you won’t live all stressed out. You can relax knowing that God is in control and at the “appointed time”, He is going to make it happen. It may be next week, next year, or ten years form now. But whenever it is, you can rest assured it will be in God’s timing.

God is not like an ATM machine, where you punch in the right codes and receive what you requested. Prayers are not always answered in 24 hours. No, we all have to wait and learn to trust God. The key is, are we going to wait with a good attitude and expectancy, knowing God is at work whether we can see anything happening or not? We need to know that behind the scenes, God is putting all the pieces together. And one day, at the appointed time, you will see the culmination of everything that God has been doing. God often works the most when we see it and feel it the least..."

WOW...so hard to hear, so hard to wait...so good to know....

I'm struggling with how everything is going to work out and when.....money right now is scary...the move and everything that goes with it-having enough help, a truck, to get done packing...and more...I'm overwhelmed and worrying..though  a friend said to me that worrying means I don't think God can do it..I know he CAN...just worried He won't...though i know the path we are on He set us on...I struggle with my own worthiness and know I don't deserve anything He gives me in His goodness.

On another note...Cassy had a wonderful first day at school. 

Very little packing got done..I'm having trouble occupying Jamie and packing...but my friend Robyn will be here tomorrow to help and we will get it done..I have faith in us. 

Not sure how much I'll be online the next few days...but i'll try to check in Friday evening...if Mike hasn't taken the computer apart yet...lol

hugs and blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528289-This-is-so-where-I-am-at