*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529537-New-Short-Story---In-The-Family
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1257565
The blog of the irreverent and irrelevant. Come in and join the madness.
#529537 added August 21, 2007 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
New Short Story - In The Family
Well it had to be done. I've been so consumed by longer works that i have kind of neglected my forays into short fiction. That is discounting the flash fiction entries and the humour pieces.

But that has been rectified. In The Family has now been posted in the portfolio. It has lain around in my ideas folder for about five years as the opening to a novel - who knows, maybe one day that novel might still get written.

As it is, reading over the prologue to that novel, I kind of saw that what was there was pretty much a contained story there, and with a little tweaking to the original file, this is the outcome.

I guess it is kind of a sequel to "Getting Away With Murder", which looked at a man who did not have to live with the consequences of the murders he committed, in that it further explores the effect murder has on people - only this time looking at a man for whom the consequences he is tragically accountable for.

In other areas there are two new chapters now up for The Last Magician for those following the story.

Well that's it for now.

Anthony

© Copyright 2007 AnthonyLund (UN: ashkent7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AnthonyLund has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529537-New-Short-Story---In-The-Family