*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530159-82307
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#530159 added August 23, 2007 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
8/23/07
No matter how much time and effort I put into planning my time off for medical leave and taking care of Joseph, there's always one last minute crisis.

Note to readers: If you don't want to read yet another rant about a jackass of an exhusband, please exit this blog now.

For those with the fortitude to continue, here goes:
Today I sent a courtesy reminder to The Donkey
As you know, my surgery is tomorrow. I have advised the school that starting tomorrow and continuing through all of next week, Joe will NOT ride the bus home and will need to go to parent pickup for you to receive him there.

He responds with:
First off...there is no way that I can pick him up at parent pickup by the required time. As you know we are already in Football season here and the fact that I will be Super Dad till Dec., taking care of both Joseph and (other child) till then. I can still pick him up at your house when I get off of work...I see no reason not to pick him up at your house as he's alone now anyway till I get there. At least you'll "kinda be there" !!

I got this at 4pm today. Nothing like the last minute!!! So, I email him back. (I can't call him because the dipwad doesn't have a phone.)

I sent you an email 7/27/07 informing you that I needed you to keep Joe with you during my first week of recovery. Your response was "Yeah, no problem at all."
Now, at the last minute, you tell me it's a problem???
If I hadn't sent this courtesy reminder, Joe would have been left at the school tomorrow, abandoned!!!! Super dad, my ass!!! I don't know and don't give a damn if you are in football, basketball or goat mating season, no excuse is acceptable.

Please make sure he gets to school on time in the mornings next week.
Hopefully, you're not going to tell me that you can't do that either.


I'm so furious, I can't hardly see straight. I didn't want Joe to see me during the worst part of the surgery recovery. A 10 year old doesn't need to see his momma like that.

If, for whatever reason, he can't take Joe to school in the mornings, I'll ask my summer daycare lady if Joe can just stay with her for the week. At least I have a Plan B.

I'm still so upset about this. I just didn't need this stress.
I need some love, people.
Somebody hug me!





© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530159-82307