*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530553-question
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#530553 added August 25, 2007 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
question
I found an image that I'd like to use here, but looking at the copyright/restrictions on use information, I'm confused. Here's what it says:

All materials (excluding certain banners, advertisements, certain javascript codes, Disney imagery, and selected materials) contained in this Site are the copyrighted property of Robert Nava. No material from TDE may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you must give full credit to this site and/or the creator and provide a link, provided that (i) you keep intact any copyright and other proprietary notices, (ii) you make no modifications to the materials, (iii) you do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of the products, services, or brands, and (iv) you do not download quantities of materials to a database that can be used to avoid future downloads from TDE. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other Web site or computer environment is prohibited. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to me.


At first it says as long as I give a link and full credit to the creator, it's okay. But the second to last sentence the use of any such material on any other Web site or computer environment is prohibited. Is "such material" referring to the images? or the database thing in the previous sentence?

I want to use the image, but I don't want to go against these rules. Hm.... Any ideas?


(Moving is going good, and we might be done today! I'm going to be leaving my computer here, though, until the internet is ready at the new apartment. The new issue goes online next week, and I can't afford to be without the internet for a while.)

© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530553-question