*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532512-9307
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#532512 added September 3, 2007 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
9/3/07
I just came back from the pharmacy, and I'm not happy. I've been using the CVS closest to my home because of the convenience of not having to drive the 13 miles into "town" to get the meds my son needs every month. The problem is, they can't f***ing READ!!!

Every month, I drop off the script, and write on it "EXTRA VIAL PLEASE" in big capital letters. This is so he can have a bottle of his meds at both my house and his dad's. Almost every time, They fail to provide the additional vial. I have complained, and have even called their corporate office about it. I get the lip service, but rarely is the desired outcome, the extra vial, provided. I just don't understand why this is so difficult.

Today, the same thing happened. I don't know if I'm just more bitchy today, or if the stars were lined up just right, but I went off about it to the pharmacist. I asked her why it was so difficult to get this right. I got a myriad of excuses with a politically correct, but insincere apology thrown in for good measure.

excuse #1
Our computer system doesn't have a feature for notes or comments for requests like this.

my response:
I don't see what this has to do with your computer system. This is about being able to read and understand the english language.

excuse #2
Well, I wasn't here yesterday, and several people handle the prescription from start to finish, and that's why it's important to check your medications before you leave.

my response:
That's exactly what I did, and that's why we're having this conversation - because there's a problem! What I'm not hearing is how it can be corrected so we don't have to do this every month.

Excuse #3
We handle so many prescriptions, this isn't something that we're going to remember.

My response:
When I was getting them filled at the Publix pharmarcy (in town) They not only were able to remember, they knew me by name and by face, and they are just as, if not more busy than this pharmacy due to them being in town. They also read each prescription and any notes written on them.

Excuse #4
We only look at the name, date of birth and the medication and dosage. We don't read any other items on the prescription. As a pharmacist, my goal is to ensure the correct medication and amount is dispensed.

my response:
As a mother, if I can't trust you to follow a simple request for an extra vial, how can I trust you to get the medication right?

Excuse #5
It's not really a big deal to print another label and give you another bottle. It only takes a few minutes to do.

my response:
The whole point of dropping the script off and coming back later to get it is so that it will be ready without having to wait. This takes more time out of my day and defeats the purpose entirely.

Excuse #6
Well, I'm sorry if this pharmacy is not meeting your needs.
translation: If you don't like it, go somewhere else. We really don't care.

my response
All I am asking is that someone read and follow the directions. I'm sad to see that t's just too much to ask.


This really pisses me off. Now I'm going to have to decide if I want to put up with their obvious lack of concern and competence to have the convenience, or if I want to find another pharmacy. I'm thinking I have enough aggrivations in my life already and can remove one by finding another pharmacy who knows how to read and follow directions. It deeply saddens me to see how providing good customer service has hit an all time low.

Whew! I feel better getting all that off my chest. Thanks for letting me spout off about it. I plan on enjoying the rest of my day and I hope all who reads this does the same.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532512-9307