*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532715-Its-Time
by cwiz
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1314591
A collection of my poetry and short stories.
#532715 added September 4, 2007 at 2:39am
Restrictions: None
It's Time
"It's time."

Those words sent icy chills down my spine and caused my heart to skip a beat. Not that it matters in the least.

I looked up, through a thick veil of darkness which was rapidly descending and shook my head.

"Come on!"

Why me? I'd done nothing. Why was I here? Why was this happening? I wanted to scream, to plead, to beg. Not that it would do any good.

"Let's go!"

Terrifying. Those words, so simple and easily said. Just two little words yet they brought with them horrors beyond telling. I slid backwards until the hard wall stopped me and cringed, then looked up fearfuly and watched as my executioner approached.

"Let's go," the words repeated. Rough hands grasped me firmly and dragged me against my will over the hard, cold floor. I fought. I struggled. I tried...and failed.

"Stupid dog," the man growled, watching me as the cage door slammed shut. "The groomers ain't gonna kill you!"
© Copyright 2007 cwiz (UN: crystalwizard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cwiz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532715-Its-Time