*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533015-All-about-Jake
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#533015 added September 6, 2007 at 1:00am
Restrictions: None
All about Jake
Jake is fun to have around. *Smile*

The Humane Society worried that he would have accidents in the house and would wake us up at 3 a.m. He was having those problems in his foster home. But since his arrival, he's had no accidents and has slept through every night.

He is quite anxious to get out when he and I do wake up. Sometimes he hardly makes it off the porch. Still...no accidents.

When he is really desparate to get out and do his business, he stands in front of the door and jumps - about 3-4 feet in the air. *Laugh* For a while when he first arrived, he would insist on going out, then rather than doing any business, he would head for the car. I think he was done with us and ready to move on.

Now, he's settled in pretty well. He usually sleeps smack up against me in bed. And if I'm gone for even a short while, he welcomes me home with doggie kisses.

Tonight, Derek needed to go to the store. (Yes, he's home from visiting Allison in Memphis.) We took Jake with us and Jake and I waited in the car while Derek picked up a few things.

There is lots of remodeling/construction going on in our nearest Kroger store. Sometimes the jack hammers are annoying. It's always a surprise to try to shop. They keep moving things as the remodeling progresses. Grrr.

Anyway, Jake and I were waiting in the car, and we both noticed a man inside the window on a big ladder. When the man started using a nail gun - quite loud even from where we sat in the outside - I thought Jake was going to jump out of his skin. After that, he sat in my lap and shook and whimpered. Made me wonder...has he been around guns or fireworks? Or in a really bad thunderstorm or something? He surely did not like those "pops" of the nail gun. Not at all.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533015-All-about-Jake