*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534698-A-matter-of-time---or-not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#534698 added September 12, 2007 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
A matter of time - or not.
letgocling wrote today about how she wanted to write an entry for the last few days, but could think of nothing to say. Same here, and I'm equally as frustrated.

I have the desire, but none of the motivation - or the words. I wrote one longhand yesterday intending to add it later, but my desire to hang out in front of my computer still holds little to no appeal.

How am I supposed to complete my book proposal if I don’t sit my tush down and do it? I can’t do it longhand, that’s for certain, because my correspondence with Winsun is by email only.

Anyone want to be my secretary for the next six weeks transcribing all my longhand writing into Word? I'll pay you very little! I gave myself eight weeks to complete the proposal. Since I’m the queen of procrastination, I need deadlines if I am to finish anything. I’ve wasted two weeks so far, having done nothing other than reread my favorite writing books. I’m not even done with those!

Knowing me, though, I will likely wait until the last week before I finally tackle the thing, and no one will be able to talk to me without getting snapped at until I’m done.

I have some good news though. Our satellite TV is busted, and has been for four days now. We have to wait a week before the new unit arrives. Why is that good news? I won’t waste even more time zoning in front of the television.

It’s been nice, the silence of the television. I’m reading more (just not the books I’m supposed to) and spending more quality time with Dave.

Aside: He returned from his hunting trip on Sunday, two days early, because his other hunting buddies had to be at work on Monday. It’s neither wise nor fun to hunt alone so far from home. Though none of them bagged a deer, they had fun apparently. No interesting stories, though, darn it.

Back on subject: Dave and I have been bantering whether or not to get rid of the television when Thomas is born. We don’t want to end up using it as a babysitter. When I grew up, my fondest memories were in the board and card games we played together as a family or with friends, the books I read, and the games we made up both inside and out of doors.

None of those memories included a television.

Dave’s childhood didn’t include a television after President Nixon’s resignation speech.

Dave’s dad is a staunch Democrat and liberal (I love him anyway). Nixon’s resignation was like a gift from God for him. Not halfway through the speech, the television blew. Lew scrambled trying to fix it, but to no avail. He took it as an omen, and refused to buy another one until long after all his children moved out of the house.

Though not liking it at the time, Dave decided his childhood was richer for the lack of television. He read almost every book in the public library, and he and his brothers grew close (still are), because they spent so much time together.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534698-A-matter-of-time---or-not