*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535204-Character-look-Theresa-von-Kracken
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#535204 added September 14, 2007 at 8:21pm
Restrictions: None
Character look: Theresa von Kracken
It's been a busy week. Aside from putting the finishing touches on a couple of stories I'm going to send in to Writer's Digest for their genre contest, I've been working on my Lulu Account to post a revision to my book, Across the Fickle Winds of History. I'm very excited about the revision and right now I'm waiting on my copy to arrive.

****

Tabloid Purposes IV, a horror anthology is out through Lulu. My story, "The Walkman," is featured. I've been with Tabloid Purproses for IV editions and I'm quite tickled by that.

Taboid Purposes I - "Demon's Dance"

Tabloid Purposes II - "The Secret Pyramid"

Tabloid Purposes III - "Grave of the Devil"

Tabloid Purposes IV - "The Walkman"

The Tabloid Purposes have a very eceletic mix of authors. If you get a chance, check it out.

*****

Finally, I wanted to do a character study of Theresa von Kracken, my female lead from "The Wolf's Torment."

Theresa was born in Austria, the youngest daughter of Duke Georg von Kracken. The von Krackens are all witches, Theresa, included, however, she wasn't raised as a witch. Georg had a dream when Theresa was born which counseled him not to raise her as a witch, so he didn't. It was hard to hide the family secret from her, but he did.

Theresa is engaged to Crown Prince Mihai Sigmaringen of Moldavia in exchange for her father's financial support of the principality. Theresa has been having dreams of him since she was eight, but doesn't realize it's Mihai until she sees his picture. She formally meets him on the night of her engagement to Mihai and is immediately taken with him.

Theresa's thoughts of happiness are shattered when Mihai's mistress announces herself to Theresa in a cafe. Theresa knows then that it will be an uphill battle to win Mihai's heart, but she's determined.

There are a lot of obstacles for Theresa, but one of them is Mihai's best friend, Viktor. Viktor has been bitten by a werewolf and finds his attraction to Theresa harder and harder to suppress as he begins to lose his humanity. A wolf needs a witch which only heightens Viktor's desires for Theresa. Will Theresa remain true to her principles, or will she do something she is loath to only to make her dreams come true? Will Theresa learn that she's a witch? Those are the questions for her in Torment.





© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535204-Character-look-Theresa-von-Kracken