*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535213-91407
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#535213 added September 14, 2007 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
9/14/07
It was bound to happen....I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. Honestly. I expected it to happen sooner, so I'm thankful that it didn't happen until now. For the first time this year, Joe got in trouble at school. School started a month ago.

From what I was able to find out, Joe was in his gifted reading class and wanted something from the teacher. The teacher was helping another student and asked Joe to wait. Joe went OCD on him and didn't want to wait. What he needed had to be addressed, in his eyes, immediately, and the teacher knew that Joe's need was not immediate. Joe didnt want to wait and proceeded to melt down kicking chairs, etc. This happened to take place during a test. Oops!

Joe got sent to the dean's office, and calmed down there rather quickly. He completed the test at the dean's office. After some discussion about the event and how to better handle it in the future, he was returned to his classroom. Even though he was calm, he was, at that point, hyper sensitive to any negative stimuli.

Back in the classroom, the teacher was leading the class in a game, and Joe felt that another student had done him some sort of injustice, and he melted again, resulting in another trip to the Dean's office. He ended up hanging with the Dean for the rest of the day until he got on the bus to go home.

Seems there was some problem on the bus as well. sigh. Poor kid was just having a rough day. I spoke with the Dean and advised him that in the future, if Joe gets sent to him twice in one day, to just call me and I'd come get him. He'd be just too sensitive to benefit from any further instruction that day. I'm happy at how Joe was able to regroup. He can't help how he's wired. I feel the Dean handled it well, for the first episode, and was able to begin building a good relationship with Joe.

On to another subject, my arm is going ok, I can control the pain with Tylenol. The down side is that since I've been babying my left arm so much, my right wrist is hurting from overuse! All my typing is being done with my right hand only, so not only is it frustratingly time consuming to type out a decent blog entry, it's also painful. Yet there's so much I want to say.....

...Like earlier this week, I've been having trouble getting Joe to shampoo his hair. He loves the shower, and enjoys playing with his toys in the shower, to the point where he forgets the entire purpose of showering, to get clean!! So I took all his toys away during shower time with the agreement he can earn two cars back in his shower for each day he remembers to shampoo.

On day one of this deal, after his shower, I smelled his hair, it smelled fresh and clean so I complimented him on remembering to shampoo. He said, "Actually, Mom, I didn't. I forgot, so I just sprayed my hair with my man-spray (Axe body spray) so you wouldn't know!!" Gotta give him points for creativity, and a few more for honesty!!

I really need to stop typing now, so I'm gonna end this now. I hope to blog more and respond to other's blogs more as well. Please know that even if I may not be responding regularly, I'm still popping in to read them.

Ya'll take good care and thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535213-91407