*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535399-45-and-a-frost-advisory
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#535399 added September 15, 2007 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
45 and a frost advisory
Geography lesson. Michigan has a few towns with shall we say unusual names. For example we have Paradise, Perdition and then we have Hell. I happen to live 4 miles North/Northeast of Hell. I manage a gas station, which is on the way to Hell. So, given the nature of the beast, a lot of folks stop in to ask directions. You can imagine the questions....'Can you tell me how to get to hell?' and 'How do I get to Hell?' Which of course is answered by, 'You want me to tell you how to go to Hell? Oh do we ever have fun with it!

The other day a 'little old lady and her little old man...stereotypical...grey haired, both with canes...sweet little old grandparents came in looking for Hell. They were meeting their children there because their kids said they had to go to Hell. Too funny. She actually blushed when asking. So I told them to take the road my station is on up to the last stop sign and take a right....go four miles and they'd be in Hell. 'Oh', she said, 'You folks are really close to hell then.' 'Yeah,' I answered, ' We are pretty much next door to hell.'

We have a race here in Michigan called the "Press On Regardless" which goes from Hell to Perdition to Limbo to Paradise and back again...24 hours of back roads, dirt roads, off roads, lousy roads and about 1000 cars hell bent for leather to win. Got to love it tho...makes for lots of jokes....and you can even get a post card sent from the Hell Post Office with burned edges! Looks kind of cool on your driver's license too!

© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535399-45-and-a-frost-advisory