*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536749
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #1286369
Ace is a normal teen, except for the fact she's part vampire and angel!
#536749 added September 21, 2007 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Chp. 9 Magic Carpet
She put the letter down on her desk. She was a little bored, but she was happy she could bring some friends to her house. What am I going to do today? It’s Saturday so I don’t have school. I know I’ll use some of the angel’s powers. Let’s see, I know I’ll read minds. Better yet I’ll read Jeff’s thoughts. She thought as she left the house. She saw him and Amanda sitting by the fountain, which was in the middle of the campus. She looked at Amanda and tried to use her powers. It took her about 9 tries to get it, but she hadn’t used her powers for 2 years. All Amanda was thinking was, I’m bored. Then, she tried Jeff and got it on the first try. I wonder what Ace is doing, thought Jeff. Aww how sweet, she thought.
Ashleigh was walking by her room, when she heard the strumming of a guitar and she knew it was coming from Austin’s room. She placed an ear to his door and heard him sing.
“I broke your heart
Then you walked away from me
And since then all my heart does is bleed
I wish I could show you the real man I am
In stead all you see is this creep I pretend to be
If you could only see
The real me.

You helped me stand
When I ran into the wall
You held my hand
And
Healed my broken bones
And
In return I make up lies
Just so you notice me
Well now you notice me
But not the way I want you too.”

He went on, but she couldn’t listen to the rest. Ace started to cry, he was really good. She knew that song was about her. Slowly, she walked into her bedroom and shut the door. So many things were going on in her mind; Jeff; Austin’s song; Potions test. She was on her bed just thinking. Then, she drifted into a deep sleep. She had the strangest dream or maybe it was a vision.

Some girl dead in the water, a little girl about six playing a violin, and some river full of blood. Flashes of pictures of dead people, a creepy house, and so much blood.

Knock. Knock. Ace woke up and she was sweating like crazy. Knock. Knock. She got out of bed and answered the door; It was Mr. Stern.
“Good afternoon, Ms. Eagleson,” he said.
“Hi, Mr. Stern,” said Ace.
“Well, I just came by to tell you that you are one of the 8 students that get to go on a field trip to the 300 year old house on Everwood Street, next week,” said Mr. Stern, “we will be staying for five days so get packed up,”
He turned around and left. She shut her door and sat on her bed again. There was something strange about Mr. Stern.
Knock. Knock. She groaned and went over to open the door. “Hey, Ace,” said Jeff, holding flowers.
“Oh my God, Jeff. How did you know I loved red roses? Are they for me?” asked Ace.
“Nope, there for Misty,” said Jeff, sarcastically.
Misty barked happily.
“Okay fine be that way,” said Ace.
“I will,” said Jeff, sarcastically.
Misty barked again.
“Fine,” said Ace, starting to close the door.
“Wait, I change my mind. You look more amazing then Misty does anyway,” said Jeff.
Misty stood on all fours; She started growling and snipping at Jeff.
“Just kidding, Misty,” said Jeff.
Misty laid back down and fell asleep.
“So are you doing anything tonight?” asked Jeff.
“Not at the moment. Why?” said Ace. Jeff took her hand and led her outside.
“Put this on,” said Jeff, holding out a blindfold.
“Oh no, I’m not putting that on,” said Ace, folding her arms across her chest.
“Then no surprise for you,” said Jeff, dangling the blindfold in front of her face.
“Fine,” said Ace, snatching the blindfold from him. She put it on and he, again, took her hand and led her somewhere. They walked for a good 10 minutes, then they stopped.
“Are we there?” asked Ace.
“Yup, take off the blindfold,” said Jeff. She slowly took it off, and she saw…..
“A rug!” exclaimed Ace.
“No, it’s a magic carpet,” laughed Jeff.
“Do I look like some Disney princess to you?” asked Ace.
“You always look like a princess to me,” said Jeff.
“That is so cheesy, but sweet,” laughed Ace.
“Glad you think so, now lets go,” said Jeff, getting on the carpet.
“What? Now?” asked Ace.
“Yeah.”
“Where are going?” asked Ace sitting down by Jeff.
“Anywhere, you want.”
“Anywhere huh? Okay how about Italy, Paris, and Heaven,” said Ace laughing.
“Okay Italy first.” The carpet started to rise and it took off.
“Oh my God!” screamed Ace, holding onto Jeff. They saw Italy and then headed for Paris. It was about midnight and that meant the Eiffel Tower was lit up. It was amazing and the sky was misty and cloudy which made the sky look different colors. There was a full moon and so many stars.
“Hey, Ashleigh, can I ask you something?” asked Jeff.
“You just did,” said Ace, smiling.
“Well here tonight with the stars as my witness and the moon as the spotlight. I want to ask you. Will you be my girlfriend?” asked Jeff.
At first Ace smiled, but then she broke down with laughter, “That was the cheesiest thing I have ever heard.”
Jeff hung his head as if the world was about to end. “But that’s why I love you. So ‘yes’,” said Ace. He smiled, put a hand on her cheek and kissed her.
“Sorry, but I don’t think we can make the trip to heaven,” said Jeff.
“We’re already there,” said Ace.
“And you say I have cheesy lines,” said Jeff, they both started laughing. That night she told him her secret, which wasn’t all that secret anymore, but he promised not to tell a soul.
© Copyright 2007 black_winged_angel (UN: badattitude94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
black_winged_angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536749