*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536833-Wrapped-In-A-Weave-Of-Web-Codes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#536833 added September 22, 2007 at 2:44am
Restrictions: None
Wrapped In A Weave Of Web Codes
Ok, so all that talk about finally updating my biography had me spending a lot of time looking at my website, and Writer's Round-About, an the website and the blog and the website. And I just didn't like it. Every few months I redesign the website. Each transformation takes it another stretch closer to looking professional.

I was looking at rebeccalaffarsmith.com and I couldn't stand the mixture of blues. When I designed it a few months ago, those soft tones were a great offset to the white, it softened the starkness and added a feminine touch. But now I can't stand it, the sappiness isn't professional, the massive I-Frame home page was hideous and on some resolutions the whole thing was a big pile of ICK!

So, since I was in there fiddling with the pages I started tinkering. Well, one all nighter later and I have an all new, much improved, snazzy looking website! YAY! It's white (mostly) with clean lines. I'm hoping it will prove more appealing to visitors and if any of you want to let me know what you think, I'd really love the feedback. I don't have the setup these days to test the site over multiple mediums (like I used to do when I focused primarily on programming rather than writing). Personal feedback is always so much more informative anyway. *Smile*

Along with that I posted up Part One of my Six Part "Seat of the Pants" vs "Planning" series on Writer's Round-About. The first post is actually a quiz. I wrote the quiz myself and I 'hope' it's entertaining, and I 'hope' it works out to be accurate. You can all be my guinea pigs if you like. *grins* (http://laffarsmith.blogspot.com/2007/09/part-one-are-you-pantser-or-planner.html...)

Of course, after 24 hours (almost straight) techy-gibberish I'm feeling wiped out and buzzed at the same time. It's a weird feeling. That sense of excitement and the slow breathing of finally being able to come down a little from the mania. I'm hyper productive so I'm worried this is a BiPolar high. It's been a LONG time since I had one. If you look back over my blog calendar you may notice that I didn't blog at all in the month of August. The truth is I barely even wrote at all in the month of August. The past couple of months have been sluggish. I'm on game now with a new attitude and sense of purpose. I'm just afraid that if this positive feeling is maintained because of a manic high I'm going to crash and burn when it comes back down again.

Having said that, perhaps it isn't. I was just thinking that it's three weeks since I started weight watchers again and the motivation to rejoin that is something that can't be done in a low. That means I've been stable at least for the last three weeks.

*sighs* Oh well, it's all too much for you head to wrap around. I'm off to get a few other projects done.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536833-Wrapped-In-A-Weave-Of-Web-Codes