*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537200-Back-to-Reality
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#537200 added September 23, 2007 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Back to Reality
Well... I think this might have been the best beach week ever. *Bigsmile* Third time's the charm. It's all downhill from here. *Laugh*.

Seriously, it was just what I needed. We had an amazingly well-equipped house full of cool people (and one yippy little air-dog that eventually chilled out near the end of the week). I was able to divide my time between playing Advanced Civilization with Robert Waltz and the guys and hanging by a lovely, heated, saltwater pool with Kirsten and the members of her dance troupe. I even painted my feet with henna for the first time, though it kinda looks like the scribblings of a kindergardener. *Pthb* There were also a few dunks in the ocean for boogie boarding, but the beach was red-flagged for most of the week so we had to watch for the patroling lifeguards on ATVs.

Robert Waltz and I also took a trip to lunch with Midnight Dawn who was staying about an hour from where we were. It was nice to finally meet her. Her area of the beach got a lot of rain and her only company was her family. *shudders* Hopefully, the time away did her some good. *Smile*

Now it's back to reality. Back to the job search, back to watching my waistline and alcohol consumption, back to the awkward current job. Back to my small dusty apartment and Mr. Burnley (my cat). At least I'm refreshed enough to tidy up. *Pthb*

Can't wait until next year...

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537200-Back-to-Reality