*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537208
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1300707
No horn, not white, no one would believe she was half unicorn...
#537208 added April 19, 2024 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
A deal
"You can talk!"
"Of course I can talk. What do you think I am?"
The boy scaled the fence again and tilted his head at her, "A horse."
Ali rolled her eyes, she had walked right into that one. Ali stopped her nervous pace to approach the boy, "Will you let me out?"
The boy looked shocked, "But you're my horse, I caught you and everything."
Ali blew out her nose and shook her head. "What is wrong with you humans? You catch us and strap weird things to our backs, then expect us to carry you where ever you want to go. When was the last time you saw a horse doing that to a human?"
The boy was frantic that he not loose his horse, "If I don't do that, will you stay?"
"And live in a cage?"
"You wouldn't have to. You'd be my horse so I could do whatever I want with you and no one could tell me not to. You wouldn't have to live in a pen."
Ali resumed her trot around the pen, looking for the best spot to jump and run.
"I would take care of you, you wouldn't have to be alone."
Ali stopped and looked at him, "There is no promise you can make me that I can trust."
The boy sat on the top of the fence and put his hand up, "I promise that if I don't take good care of you or keep you in a pen or put a saddle on you, then you can run away."
Ali troted up and looked the boy in the eye, her brown to his green. It could be something to pass the time and she could easily leave anytime now she wasn't tied up. "Agreed."
The boy dropped down into the pen, "Great, I'm Toby. What's your name?"
"Alianna, but you might as well call me Ali."
Toby and Ali looked up to see Toby's father approaching. Toby looked surprisingly like his father, both had brown hair and green eyes, and a very similar nose. Toby's hair was a bit longer than his dad's and he kept it back in a small ponytail. Their clothes consisted of a simple white linen shirt, brown cotton pants and a leather vest.
"Toby, it's time for lunch, and would you stop making the horse neigh. What are you doing in there?" He ran forward and pulled Toby out of the pen.
"I wasn't making the horse neigh, I was talking to her."
His father put him on the ground, "Really? And what did she say?"
"Her name is Ali, and she agreed to be my horse so long as I don't put a saddle on her or keep her in a pen."
"Oh she did, did she? Son, only way you can ride a horse is if it has been broken."
Toby looked at Ali's clean black hide.
"But we don't have to..."
"I'll have the boys come over and we can break her after lunch."
Toby looked over his shoulder as his father led him back to the house, "I won't let them hurt you."
© Copyright 2024 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537208