*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537215
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1300707
No horn, not white, no one would believe she was half unicorn...
#537215 added February 22, 2009 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Before the break
"Hello son." Toby's mother, Kala, said when he walked in the door. "Your father said you caught a horse this morning."
"Yeah," Toby walked over to the wash basin, "But now dad wants to break her. She told me she would be my horse if I didn't hurt her."
Kala looked at her husband. Her husband was also named Tobius but she rarely referred to him as such. "You've seen them break horses before, why is this one so different?"
Toby walked over and picked up the plates to help his sister set the table. "Well, the others weren't my horse, and they couldn't talk."
Kala watched her husband roll his eyes. "It won't take long, you'll be able to ride her by the end of the day."
"But I'm sure I can ride her now."
Toby's little sister, Erica, looked excitedly at her eleven year old brother, she was herself only seven, "Can I ride her too?"
Toby considered, "I'd have to ask Ali, but maybe."
Kala put the stew down on the table and the family started to eat. About half way through the meal, Kala decided to ask Toby some more questions, "Toby, what are you going to name your horse?"
Erica immediately jumped in with suggestions, "How 'bout snow, or poppy."
Tobius shook his head, "That wouldn't work, Eri.The horse is black..."
"She is a mare,"Toby mumbled under his breath.
Tobius continued as if his son hadn't spoken, "with a white nip on the top of her nose."
Erica swallowed what was in her mouth and turned enthusiastically to Toby, "What are yo going to name her?"
Toby put down his fork and pushed his empty plate away, "I don't have to, her name is Ali."
"That's pretty."
Toby stood, "I'm done, mom, can I go out to my horse."
Kala smiled at him, "Alright."
Erica swiftly downed the last of her milk, "May I go to, I want to see Ali."
"Yes."
Erica picked up her dishes and followed Toby into the kitchen. Toby put his in the sink, grabbed an apple and walked out.
"Remember, Toby, I'll bring the boys around after lunch."
Erica ran after him, "Don't forget me."
 
© Copyright 2009 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537215