*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537223
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1300707
No horn, not white, no one would believe she was half unicorn...
#537223 added June 24, 2008 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
Break time
"Wait for me!"
Toby rolled his eyes as he jogged down to the corral, "Ali, my dad still wants to break you."
Ali took the apple from his open hand. After eating it, she met his eyes, "He won't"
"Don't hurt him."
Erica ran up and leaned against the fence. Toby took her shoulder and looked back to Ali. "This is Erica, my sister."
"Did you ask her?" Erica demanded as she reached out to touch Ali's soft muzzle.
"Ask me what?"
Erica's face exploded into a smile, "Can I ride you?"
"Maybe."
Ali looked over to where Tobius and the other mature males were coming from, they had one of the leather saddle things. Her ears went flat against her head.
"Ready to do this boys?"
Toby stepped forward, "Dad you don't have to do this."
"Nonsense, you can't ride an unbroken horse."
It took them two hours to get the halter on Ali.
Toby's cousin, Justin by name, stepped back and wiped his brow, "I don't think you should bother with the saddle if you want to be done this today."
Tobius nodded, "Good suggestion."
After everyone of them had taken a turn and were sufficently sore, Toby stepped up. "Are you done yet dad?"
Tobius rubbed his head as he had been the last one to take a turn, "Son we are not going to stop until you can ride that horse without difficulty."
Toby turned to Ali, who nodded. Toby climbed up the fence.
"What are you doing in there?"
Toby took the bit off the halter and led Ali to the fence, "I'm going to ride Ali."
Justin came and stood beside the fence while Toby got on Ali's back. Ali waited until she felt his full weight on her back before calmly walking away from the fence. Toby applied gentle pressure to her left side so she turned that way. Justin followed their progress around the pen on foot, marveled at what he saw.
Toby pulled back slightly on Ali's mane, "Now will you let me take care of Ali by myself?"
Tobius stared at Toby atop the black mare, "That's impossible."
Erica hurdled over the fence and put her hand up toward Toby. Toby held tight to Ali's neck and pulled Erica up.
Erica giggled and pated Ali's soft back. Toby started Ali on another trot around the corral.
Justin watched for a while before jumping in himself. Ali took a step back when he approached but didn't make any other move. Justin put his hand up to hold Ali's muzzle.
"I've never known a horse to do this."
Most of the other men were headed back home, more than a little distraught.
Tobius watched Justin and his children for a while before heading in himself.
© Copyright 2008 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537223