*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538019-Navel-Observations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#538019 added April 19, 2013 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Navel Observations
I’m sure you’ll want to know...

*Bullet* Your belly-button has several different names including navel, umbilicus and omphalos. The official term for contemplating your navel is omphaloskepsis.

*Bullet* Your belly button is your very first scar, left from where the umbilical cord joined you to your mother’s placenta. Just like fingerprints, no two belly buttons are alike.

*Bullet* A person with an ‘innie’ is supposed to be gentle, loving, cautious, delicate, sensitive and prone to worrying, whereas someone with an ‘outie’ is claimed to be optimistic, fun-loving and enthusiastic.

*Bullet* Belly button fluff is generally blue in colour and is mainly made up of clothing fibres mixed with a little dead skin. Belly button lint makes great kindling for fires apparently. Pierced navels tend not to collect fluff.

*Bullet* A gentleman by the name of Graham Barker has been collecting his own belly button fluff for around 20 years. His website originates from 1999, so obviously there’s a lot of interest out there in ‘The incredible world of Navel Fluff.’ Worth a visit, believe me, especially to see photos of his collection *Sick*



So why have I chosen such an obscure and trivial subject for my blog today? Well, the strange little object in the photograph I posted the other day, is in fact a belly-button brush. *Laugh* The hole is for use with ‘outies’ whereas the rim is suitable for 'innies'. And before you ask, I’ll show you mine if…

So congratulations to SouthernDiva who provided the correct answer, but in fairness I reckon my flapperface friend crackedbizkit gave too strong a hint in her comment, so I shall also award a badge to PastVoices , seeing as she was on the right track before any hints were dropped. We Pool Party candidates are renowned for our fairness and generosity. In fact, I know you'll all want to get your hands on one of these essential little items, so send your orders to me - cost negotiable.

Huge thanks to silversara for the latest lovely sig – it will be an honour to add it to my collection.

Gifted by Silversara


REMEMBER THERE IS ALSO STILL PLENTY OF TIME TO HOP STROLL OVER TO Nada ’s BLOG AND CAST YOUR VOTE FOR THE POOL PARTY. GO ON, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

** Image ID #1317137 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538019-Navel-Observations