*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538686-54-and-the-day-before-Bow-Season-opens
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#538686 added September 30, 2007 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
54 and the day before Bow Season opens
so in my neck of the woods there is a flurry of last minute fussing to be sure my other half has everything ready. Of course he does...silly man. At 20 yards he can fit three arrows inside a quarter...his gear is packed and waiting, my screened in porch looks like a mini Cabellas with all the gear and he is hyped city!

Tomorrow morning at O-dark-thirty he'll be awakened by Ted Nugent's 'Fred bear' playing at FULL BLAST and we will proceed to wake up the entire neighborhood with it!! (Good thing EVERYONE will be getting up anyway to head out to hunt or to see their other half out the door.)

With luck and skill working together, it will be backstraps for dinner tomorrow night! *Bigsmile*

Today I'm heading into work for a while...probably a long while. *Frown* The end of the month 'stuff' that needs doing. I've got a gazillion price changes to put in the computer, all the new POP to put up for October and I'm going to get a couple of reports out of the way to make things easier for Monday morning when my mind will be out in the woods in the treestand.

We also (it looks like) will have the statewide shutdown of Michigan to contend with. They may manage to avoid a shutdown, but I'd rather have the shutdown than their raising both the state income tax and the state sales tax!!!!!! If it goes the way it is looking like, another 600 bucks a year will go to the state on the state income tax alone! They are adding a bunch more to the 'taxable' items for sales tax too...

*imagines*.....let's see what else can we tax? Greens fees-yeah, let's get the golfers, (they do already tax the hunting licenses along with raising those fees this year)...oh yes...a car tax...on top of all the taxes and fees already in place....another tax on gas sales (oh gee...why not raise prices HIGHER?)-and that's on top of Mich being one of the few states to charge sales tax on gas!...'intangible sales'...what ever THAT might be.....

Folks are leaving Michigan in droves....wish Grantholm and all her cronies would vacate....haven't heard a positive word about her yet...guessing the folks who voted for her live elsewhere in the state...but they aren't around here! In Pinckney, people get out and vote and we all (basically) voted against her!--and 93% of voters in my town voted! (Pretty good, eh?)--for all the good it did...lol

ANYwho...if they shut down, no lottery sales, we can only get smokes until the ones tagged already are sold out, no liquor sales, no licenses or registration type stuff will be done, --least the hunting areas on state land are open...guess they do not even want to mess with all the hunters who they've already gotten with the new license fees!!!

Then i come home and will be able to write my newsletter (research is all finished...just need to write it), and a short story for
48 Hour Short Story Contest  (18+)
48 hours to write a short story to a prompt. Enter to win great prizes.
#1199662 by Legerdemain
and stuff for
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1231865 by Not Available.
...whew!

Oh yes, and clean the house as an appraiser is coming Monday or Tuesday and we want the house to appraise for as much as possible :)

Busy, busy day :) Have a good one all!




© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538686-54-and-the-day-before-Bow-Season-opens