*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538796-I-have-to-think-up-something-interesting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#538796 added September 30, 2007 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
I have to think up something interesting
Ok, so it's Monday and I have to figure out what the hell to write about today. Not for here since I can write or not write here but Monday's is when I update Kids, Pets and Family! I keep trying to run around in my mind with fresh ideas. Something captivating and interesting. Something to draw in the readers.

I've contemplated running with the idea of the impact of television and childrens programming on babies. I read about it recently but honestly, I don't know enough about it to give a fair judgement. From personal experience there has been no detriment to my daughter who watched a good amount of baby genius type videos as a baby. My son is speech delayed but he watched the same things she did so I'm not going to try and lay the speech delay at the door of educational childrens viewing.

I considered talking about toilet training but then I figure it's the kind of universal topic that gets too much coverage. I want to be unique and in these early days of this blog it's important to highlight the difference between mine and the million other blogs on the same topics.

Obviously, I'm creating a huge hurdle for myself with these high expectations. All I can really do is run with whatever comes to mind and let things grow of their own accord. But it still brings me back to the dilemma of having nothing to say.

Of course, leading into school holidays here I could talk about ideas for surviving school holidays. It's not really a universal topic however. In the US kids are only just back at school and have a several weeks until Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm hoping to take my kids to the Royal Show at some point this week. My finances conspire against me of course with the mortgage being tight to pull off and waiting on child maintenence that would usually have covered the mortgage. Still, since we aren't currently in the US like we had planned earlier in the year I wanted to treat the kids to something special and the show only comes around once a year. Costs an arm and a leg but it's a fantastic day out for them.

And now I'm officially rambling. I have one hour to come up with and write a spectacular article. Of course, I could just delve into my archives and recycle something but I wanted to save those for true emergencies. This stupid case of writer's insecurity and inferiority complex hardly calls for such extremes. If I could just spark on an idea, any idea...

*sighs* Back to the drawing board.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538796-I-have-to-think-up-something-interesting