*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538956-Taking-a-look-Readers-Views
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#538956 added October 1, 2007 at 5:03pm
Restrictions: None
Taking a look: Reader's Views
I thought I'd start a new series where I would take a look at an online site that helps internet savy authors. To start of my "Taking a Look," series, I took a look at Reader's Views.

*****

I was first head about them when I asked for GOOD reviewing sites that I could query on the net on a writing workshop group I belong too. I got a recommendation for Reader's Views.

Reader's Views has variety of Review formats that they offer. Here's the opening blurb they have on their website:

With nearly 200,000 titles published every year it is sometimes impossible to figure out which book to read next. Reader Views, a volunteer based site, is here to help you.

Our book reviews are written by avid readers who love to read good books. They come from all walks of life with a variety of life experiences and interests. Our readers are volunteers hand picked to give you the best review possible. They give their own honest and fair personal opinion.

Our reviews appear on amazon.com, on USA Today, Reuters and NBC. They also appear in newspapers and on many online websites and blogs. We review books for well known authors such as James Paterson and those that are unknown, self-published or published by a small press.

But, we do more. We provide services for authors such as publicity services and editing, as well as coaching to write book proposals. And, we will act as an agent for you and send your proposal to a traditional publisher on our list. Check our Services for Authors.


They do offer free reviews, but I chose Express Package A for my review. It was a very affordable $75.00. I got a review that was posted on Reader's Views weblog and Amazon.com within 2 weeks. Books I chose to have reviewed were "THE WOLF'S TORMENT," and "DESTINATION: BERLIN"

"The Wolf's Torment," received a 5 Star review.
"Destination: Berlin," received a 4 star review.

Both books were reviewed within two weeks. My point of contact was Irene Watson, editor. I loved Irene. She was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Reader's View if you have a book that you want a review for.

Some of the services offered to authors at a very affordable rate:

Review posted on ezinearticles.com (with over 20,000 visitors daily)

Review posted on authorsden.com (with over 40,000 visitors daily)

Press release written and distributed internationally

Author interview conducted and posted on authorsden.com
Author interview conducted and posted on ezinearticles.com
Author interview conducted and posted on ReaderViews.com or ReaderViewsKids.com

Author interview conducted and posted on Reader Views weblog
Featured as "Book of the Week" on ReaderViews.com and our weekly newsletter.

If publication is childrens/teen/ya , you will also be featured on ReaderViewsKids.com

Internet radio interview on "Inside Scoop Live" with podcast stream and MP3. Author page and feature included. Interview posted on BlogTalkRadio and available through iTunes.

Reader's Views also hosts an Annual Literary Award Contest. They are still taking selections for 2007. Visit their website for more details.

Reader's Views also will make you a Video movie trailer that you can put on YouTube and MySpace. I think it's something unique and interesting - and I just may take them up on it.

Here's a link to Reader's Views home page. If you're a self published author, check them out. I'd love to hear of your experiences with them.

http://www.readerviews.com





© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538956-Taking-a-look-Readers-Views