*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540042-Grrr
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#540042 added October 6, 2007 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
Grrr
Prayers requested - again or still - about my Social Security Disability claim. I got a copy of a letter the judge sent to my attorney today. As you'll recall, I had my hearing on July 15 and the judge was holding his decision until he got the reports from my psychologist and shrink. He was allowing 30 days for those reports and said he would decide 30 to 45 days after that. Right.

Know what they did? They threw away the request. I have never changed my name legally (since I married), but my insurance has my hubby's name on it. So, when the request came in with my maiden name on it, the office staff decided that I was not a patient and threw the stuff away. EVEN THOUGH IT HAD MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON IT TO IDENTIFY ME!!! And my address and phone number too. Grrr.

They finally turned in the papers and there were too many to fax, so they went out in the mail to the judge on about Sept. 15. Okay. The judge should have had them in a few days and the clock should have started ticking again for another 30 to 45 days for his decision.

Guess not. I guess since we didn't meet his first deadline, then all bets are off about when he'll finally decide.

As you might also recall, my own doctor, whom I have seen since I moved to Cincinnati at the end of 2004 decided that she would not fill out the forms I needed for the SSD hearing. She also suggested I needed to see a rheumatologist. Of course, she decided this when there was about 2 weeks until my hearing. When I tried to find a rheumatologist, I discovered that each on in our insurance plan was so backed up that the earliest appointment I could get was 6 months later. Didn't help...

My chiropractor ended up doing the paper work for me. And she did a great job. Her comments said that she was certainly qualified to access my physical abilities since she had seen me more than any other medical professional - over 44 times in the past 2 years. Sounds good, right?

So this latest letter says that since we're basing our claim on her report, the judge wants all of her notes, test results, etc. Of course, since she's a chirpractor, the judge probably knows that she didn't (can't?) do any tests. Except for maybe how much movement and pain I'm experiencing. Which is what she reported on.

We have another 30 days to get this new information in.

I'm thinking...since we have 30 days for that, I wonder if we can present some new info too. Probably not, huh? Grrr.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540042-Grrr