*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540450-Mommy-Club
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#540450 added October 8, 2007 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
Mommy Club
A little over three more months to go and it’s official (assuming Thomas adheres to the due date). I will have passed the nine-month long initiation and become a member of the Mommy Club.

One benefit of membership is I can tell my own mommy stories, and even give advice to other mommies worth listening to. The downside is the coming around of all the advice I stupidly gave to parents when I didn’t have a child of my own. People who don’t have kids will now come to me with all their super-wisdom. Whoopee.

No matter. I deserve it considering how often I couldn’t keep my big mouth shut.

Yesterday I noticed how people treat me differently, especially other members of the Mommy Club. For example, two ladies at church who I used to get only a wave, soft hello, or a smile when we’d see each other now strike up conversations about my pregnancy and the baby.

As if I didn’t exist before my belly expanded with a little person inside.

Okay, that sounds like a complaint, but it’s more of an observation. It’s human nature to be attracted to new life (especially for women), and to see another person who obviously has something in common with us.

Most mothers remember the excitement and never-ending desire to talk about what’s going on with their body and growing baby. I’m no different. Heck, I’ll spend days, if not weeks trying to write about something other than Thomas and my physical changes. I usually come up with nothing - hence part of the reason I don’t write but once or twice a week.

I’m constantly amazed how non-bored you all are. Even when I manage to tackle a different subject you ask how me and the baby are doing. Thank you for that. I don’t feel a need to search for other subjects as much - which is good, because my brain can’t handle variety right now.

I closed my signature shop, and after I’m done with the six more signatures needed for "Invalid Item, I’m going on a no-graphic sabbatical for at least six weeks. I still haven’t finished my proposal (how pathetic is that?), and I’d like to participate in National Novel Writing Month again this November.

I’ll try to catch up with you over the next few days (though don’t be surprised if I embarrass myself. Just ask David McClain *Bigsmile*). Another reason I haven’t been around is my internet access went all quirky on me. It’d work for five or ten minutes, then I’d have to reboot to get it back for another five or ten minutes. Talk about annoying! I finally realized it was my virus scan software. Since I switched I have no troubles.

Have a great evening and I’ll see you when I see you!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540450-Mommy-Club