*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540577-Storylines-and-History-Whee
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#540577 added October 9, 2007 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Storylines and History... Whee!
When I talk about major changes in my storyline, I mean BIG changes. Prologue is *puh* out of there, completely deleted. Goodbye cliche fantasy warscene - your demise will be swift and painful as you are dissected, torn apart, examined and inserted in condensed form among other chapters. *mwhahahaha* Watch out chapters - you are about to get overhauled. *rubs hands gleefully*

I plant to do this on hard copies, with printouts of my chapters, as well as my beta's corrected chapters, along with all of her emails with comments. I have a fabulous beta, I swear. She is really, really great. She is so supportive, sticking by me in my temporary insanity as I overhaul this strange story, with its billion, so far unrelated, characters. But have no fear: they will eventually meet up and will all have a common thread. It might take a while, but it will happen. I promise.

I actually wrote this on paper before I sat here to type it up. I wrote it in history class, while we were discussing a lot of political issues. It didn't really have anything to do with our history textbook - we are doing American History, but we just got to the Revolution - but it was a great discussion. I'm not much of a political person, I don't follow it much, but I do have opinions on some things. I really like my history teacher, because she is willing to let us go off on a tangent discussion as long as we are able to prove our points. She doesn't want us to just give opinions; she wants us to back them up. It's really great, since it is teaching us to argue and actually think.

And then we had religion class (this was after history class, so I am running off script). We were debating the soul, my teacher trying to prove it to us. But I was not satisfied with her arguement (I do believe in a soul, but the arguement was based on the assumption that someone did believe in an afterlife. It was a really weak arguement...) and kept trying to prove my point. Don't get me wrong, I love my religion teacher - she is da bomb! - but I tore her arguement apart and am fairly satisfied that I won. Granted, she didn't concede because just as she was about to make another arguement, the stupid bell rang. I could have kept that up for another hour, I swear. It was awesome. I love debating things I am passionate about. But I would never join a debate club. Like I have said before, I hate having to do things that I am forced into , and in debate club, I would likely be forced to argue for or against things that I don't care about.

Oh, by the way, I am going out of town for three days this week: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So don't expect anything from me then; I won't have a computer.

Anyway, I have to go. I have English and Chemistry homework to do, not to mention I have my novel-in-a-month, and at least a little second-draft planning for "Ocean of Tears."

Ciao!

~GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540577-Storylines-and-History-Whee