*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542532-Become-a-tourist
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#542532 added October 18, 2007 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Become a tourist
Every week, I get emails about the fact that travel writing is one of the fastest growing parts of the writing world today. In the emails, of course, are all kinds of courses offered to help budding writers become travel writers. Some of the courses are pretty expensive, and you have to wonder if the end results would justify the cost.

Each email gives a snippet of advice, a teaser of what is being offered in the travel writing courses. Some of those teasers are quite good, although sometimes they're just ideas that common sense would present to anyone.

One of these common sense suggestions is for anyone wanting to be a travel to first begin close to home. That's much like the advice given to writers that says, "write what you know." That makes sense.

The other advice given freely is to look at your local attractions with tourists' eyes. I was thinking about that the other day when I discovered a bunch of pictures that I took when I lived in Lake Wales, Florida.

To read the rest of the story...

Become a Tourist - Lake Wales, Florida (Part 1)
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977149624

Become a Tourist - Lake Wales, Florida (Part 2)
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977150391

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542532-Become-a-tourist