*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546013-Find-me-a-title
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#546013 added November 1, 2007 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Find me a title
November 1, and guess how many words I’ve typed of my story? None!!

From how my schedule is looking at the moment, I won’t write any until this weekend. Tonight Dave and I are having supper with his uncle and girlfriend (the uncle’s girlfriend, not Dave’s [he knows not to get one. I’m pregnant and well-armed]). Friday we’re having supper with my mom.

I’m fairly certain the idea I’ll tackle. It’s a possible start of a second trilogy to the series I have in mind (and have written two of the first trilogy so far). I thought about starting the third installment of the first trilogy, but I decided a while ago not to. By the time the first and second get published, the overall story may change enough I’ll have to start over with the third. No sense in wasting my time. Besides, the third will be so involved and with so many characters, I don’t think I have enough brain power for it now. With a project that large I’ll for certain need an outline before I start writing.

Perhaps by 2026 I will – the year Thomas graduates from high school. How’s that for scary?

Hmm. I may have just changed my mind. My other idea at the moment sounds more intriguing . . .

It’s a prequel to the first nanowrimo novel I wrote in 2005.

Change o’ subject.

My doctor’s appointment went well, although it started a bit unexpected.

The nurse took my vitals (my blood pressure is excellent, but I lost three pounds - more on why in a bit.

She then said, “I’ll leave you to get undressed and put on a gown.”

“What for?” I asked.

“The doctor needs to examine your cervix since you’re at 37 weeks.”

“Um, I’m at 29 weeks.”

The nurse double-checked my chart and said, “You’re right. Someone added wrong.”

Whew! I was in no mood to show off my ugly, rash-infested legs!

The nurse then retrieved “the drink,” a super-sweet Tang-like liquid with 50ml of glucose. I tolerated the first few sips, but by the end – blech! I’m not used to consuming that much sugar at once.

The doctor then came in to measure my belly.

I lifted my shirt and he said, “Well, you’re full of baby there, aren’t you.”

I laughed and said, “Yep.”

Since week 16 I’ve measured about 6 cm (2.4 inches) big. Since I’m not having twins and they verified via ultrasound my due date is right, the doctor figured it’s because I’m narrow in the hip area. It’s not a problem – yet. If there’s not enough room, I’ll either have a difficult delivery or need a c-section, although more likely a c-section. Doctors usually don’t let women go through too many hours of labor anymore.

I’m not worried about it either way. It’s too soon, for one, and it’s not something I can control anyway. The doctor said he’ll not make any recommendations for certain until I get closer to the due date, and see how much the baby drops.

My weight loss is also no cause for concern. It’s the baby’s fault anyway. Because I’m measuring big, I don’t have much room for my stomach to expand when I eat. I don’t eat as much as I would like to because I get full too soon.

I’m not starved by any stretch. If anything, I’m healthier now than before the pregnancy. I pay attention to what I eat more, and stay away from sugary foods. When in the mood for sweet stuff, I eat fruit. Besides, I have enough storage (read: fat), to fall back on if I need. I have noticed my arms thinned some, and my legs, too, I bet, if I could stand to look at them long enough.

The doctor gave me a hydrocortisone prescription for the eczema, and already it’s made a difference. The itching has subsided (though not completely), but the best part is my clothes don’t feel like sandpaper anymore. The only material I could tolerate on my legs was fleece. Even my flannel bed sheets felt rough. I managed to finally get some sleep the last two days because I cacooned myself in fleece blankets. Poor Dave couldn’t get near me, but I didn’t want him to touch me anyway I felt so icky.

Trivia question: What book was the movie “Soylent Green” starring Charlton Heston based on? 1,000 GPs to the first person to answer correctly.

I’d tell you why I thought of it, but that would give away at least part of the title. Don’t want to make things too easy for you.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546013-Find-me-a-title