*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546426-On-Sleep-and-Waking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#546426 added November 3, 2007 at 1:29pm
Restrictions: None
On Sleep and Waking
I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Oh, I tried. And you'd think I'd have stayed asleep, what with sleeping poorly almost every other night this week, yet still having to wake up at 7 to go to work.

But no...

The main culprit is probably a toothache that's been bugging me for a while. Cracked upper molar. The dentist is supposed to start fixing it on the 15th, which means two more weeks of overdosing on Advil. If my kidneys don't fail, I should be okay once the crown goes on - and after I've recovered from that pain as well.

This is just one of those months when I'm glad I drink.

I finally gave up around six, got up and hung out on the Internet for a while. Fark.com is a great diversion. Then around nine, I was finally able to get back to sleep - pain-free thanks to the ibuprofen. And then I slept like a boulder of basalt until noon.

Sure am glad it's Saturday.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546426-On-Sleep-and-Waking