*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/547967-Reading-the-present
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Saint
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1320829
This is a book based on my life. Real characters, real events.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#547967 added November 9, 2007 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Reading the present.
Something I've always wondered is how when we read something, it seems to coincide with something going on in our lives at the time. Sometimes it may not seem like anything big... But in my situation, it's a whole new ball game. I've alway wrote about books I've been or am reading at the time. The last one was really weird because someone in the book was a real life character to me. This new one I'm reading, titled "Educated Love" is about this girl in high school who falls in love with her english teacher. Now, not saying anything pointing to that being my case, but a lot of this book really talks about my life. The same is happening with some shows I'm watching. Heroes, Ugly Betty, Big Shots... These all have the same romantic stories to tell along side the action or comedy. And my life right now is just one big love story. It's not a fairy tale by any means, no. It's more of a tragedy/comedy. I like one girl, but she doesn't seem to like me back, the same one from the last chapter. At the same time, 2 other girls like me that I know of, and I like them too, but eh.. One not in the same way, the other yes, but Jess is just... Perfect. Mysterious, dangerous, rebellious. I love it, and I don't want to say it because it's gotten me into a lot of trouble and pain in the past.. but I think deep down that I may in fact love her. I think if it was allowed and the right time, I would want to marry this girl, and I'm not even with her yet! I have a question for anyone out there who can give me the answer. Who is the jackass who came up with the "no one over 18 can date anyone under 18" rule? Tell me so i can go murder the guy. Jess is 15, and I'm almost 19. Since when is it that that can't work? People used to get married at like 13 to guys who were 20 years older. If that's gonna be the case, then people at 18 should be able to drink again. Who is the federal government to tell us what we can and cannot do in our homes and with friends if it doesn't involve terrorism and breaking the law intentionally? Honestly, either give us alchohol or give us minors. And older people, don't give us crap about it being a bad idea and to learn from your mistakes, most of us will. And if we don't, what do you all lose? To each his/her own. Our lives, our choices. Ignorance is bliss, and the government is now reaching nirvana.

Some people need to rise to the challenge to change the world. Build up armies of people with voice. Stand up for those who are silenced by the authorities. As leaders, it's up to us to take command, lead the soldiers of circumstance and misfortune to victory for once. Take them to battle, and lead them out when it gets too hot to handle. That way, when you go back in, they trust you to make the best decisions for your life. Take this for example: You are a general. You lead your men into a fight, when you see that you cannot win, you retreat with everyone alive. They respect you for this and they trust you not to throw them away. They know that you value their lives as much as your own. So when you lead them back in, they will fight for you even when they think it is impossible, and when they see you don't retreat, they know they can win. This is what it's all about, leaderships, making decisions in the best interest of people. This is one interest that I think a lot of people have but just don't say anything about it. Since everything is all about being politically correct and adhering to certain beliefs and religons, people cower away from saying what needs to be said. Let's be the voice that's heard!


Haha, wow... I didn't mean to go off like that, but I think it needed to be done. Thank you all for reading this stuff I like to call my life, and keep me posted on what you think.
© Copyright 2007 Saint (UN: kurij at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Saint has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/547967-Reading-the-present