*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549499-The-Eye-Clinic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1348631
The struggles my husband and I went through when our daughter was born 11 weeks premature.
#549499 added November 16, 2007 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
The Eye Clinic

October 16, 2007

The eye doc experience was a nightmare. We had to go to an ophthalmologist clinic that is on the fourth floor of Children’s Mercy Hospital. The waiting room was so crowded that patients were waiting out in the hall.

Since the very beginning of our hospital experience, the docs and nurses have warned us not to bring Cadence into a crowded place, because she could get sick. They were emphatic on this point, so much so that I am brainwashed and completely paranoid. So I’m wondering why they sent us to this clinic, where there are literally dozens of people around, most of them children. We were specifically warned to keep Cadence away from other kids.

So the whole time I’m sitting in there terrified that someone is going to give her a bug, and everyone wants to touch her. The mother bear came out in me, I wanted to say, “Get the fuck away from my child!” but instead I was polite and simply said I would prefer it if no one touched her. People seemed miffed at this, but I don’t care. If they were in my place they would react in the same way.

Cadence’s eyes are the same. They haven’t gotten better or worse. The doc seems to think that the ROP will correct itself, and I’m hoping that is true. I can’t stand the thought of my poor child going through surgery. She's been through enough already.

© Copyright 2007 C Blackmon (UN: redheadgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C Blackmon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549499-The-Eye-Clinic