*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549510-A-Halloween-Scare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1348631
The struggles my husband and I went through when our daughter was born 11 weeks premature.
#549510 added November 16, 2007 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
A Halloween Scare

October 31, 2007

We tried to take Cadence to her eye appointment today, but she kept spitting up like crazy when she was in her car seat. That was what she did when she stopped breathing during the first car seat test, and the skin around her eyes was bluish colored, which is a sign that she’s having respiratory distress. Since the eye doc is two hours away, we immediately brought her back home. Thank goodness we were only ten minutes away from our house. This is the first time she has done this since being released from the hospital, so I am worried. As usual! My husband said, “Well, it is Halloween, we were bound to have a scare.”

Another thing, my aunt gave me a Boppy chair. It is a wonderful, wonderful invention. Whoever invented it deserves a big, sloppy kiss. It’s this little chair Cadence reclines in, and it vibrates and plays music or nature sounds, like rain falling or a heart beating. She loves the chair. Unless she is hungry, if I pull her out she throws a fit.

Yesterday we took her to the pediatrician, who is only a few miles down the road, thank goodness. Our pediatrician is this Italian guy who has a thick accent, and sometimes I can’t understand what he’s saying. He’s funny though, the way he talks to Cadence when he’s examining her. They let us wait for our appointment in a private room, which really reduces my stress level.

She now tips the scale at a whopping 7 ½ pounds. She’s gained a pound and a half in two weeks. The doc was very pleased and so am I. I knew she’d gained weight, but I had no idea she has gained so much. This is a good sign.

© Copyright 2007 C Blackmon (UN: redheadgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C Blackmon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549510-A-Halloween-Scare