*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552488-Bad-day
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
#552488 added November 30, 2007 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Bad day
Today is not a good day. Everytime I think of Daddy, my eyes tear up. I have this hole in my heart where it feels like something is missing. And it is. I miss him so much!

I am considering a tattoo for the first time in my life. Something to honor my father. I may go with angel wings and a caption saying "Daddy's girl" or something similar. I just want something that will be there always and show everyone who sees it how special my Daddy was to me.

My stepmother is being difficult and causing untold problems. I won't go into details but I can picture my Daddy angry and cussing up a storm over the things she has done and her attitude toward his children since he died.

I sincerely hope that when she finds out she has to pay the insurance, taxes, and upkeep on the house and land since she is the life estate tenant that she will just move out. It's hard enough to deal with Daddy's loss without her causing his children problems and treating us like we are strangers. She has already stated that if she didn't get a share of the property and house to leave her children she was not paying anything toward the house. That's fine. That can be considered abandonment and we can force her to leave. The house needs a new kitchen floor and roof so maybe she will just get disgusted and move since the house will never go to her or her children. I'll take care of the repairs with my inheritance money. Little does she know that the will states the furnishings and equipment (power tools, tractor, mowers, etc) stay with the property. All she gets is her clothing and personal items. She is angry because he left his life investments to his children even though she got a good portion of some other investments and life insurance. You would think she would understand why especially after making the remark about her children not getting anything out the house and property. Would she leave part of her largest investment to us if the situation were reversed? Hell no. I would bet my life on it.

It's a sad discovery to see someone you thought cared about you become greedy and hateful just over money and property. I think Daddy saw it coming though. His will and beneficiary statements are iron clad as to his wishes. I could understand it if he left her nothing but he made sure she was well taken care of. Greed can certainly turn people into someone different. It's very sad but I can only wonder what will come next. I hope she will eventually accept what she was left and make peace with that. We shall see.

I miss you Daddy so much. I love you with all my heart. Christmas will not be the same again. Rest in peace.






© Copyright 2007 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552488-Bad-day