*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552554
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Casey
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1355308
My blog :)
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#552554 added November 30, 2007 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
Meet CureAIDSwear(RED)
CureAIDSwear(RED) was born on August 4th nineteen lovely years ago in a small town hospital that eventually closed the maternity ward. Her dad was a big cheese in a head office in Oshawa and her mum was a bartender at a hotel business lounge who enjoyed working as a personal trainer as well.

She has absolutely no siblings, step-siblings or siblings-in-law. But with three quarters of her mother's side living in the same town, she's grown to have a sister-like friendship with one of her cousins.

She has basically never been in a long term relationship. She briefly dated one of her best friends from high school but it didn't feel that different from their original friendship, as fun and romantic as her school's semi formal was with him there. *Heart* A month or so after they officially started dating, Aids went on an 11 day excursion to Italy and upon her return, he had left for a weeklong trip to Ohio. After that, they were both so busy with academics, (she was graduating, he was in 11th grade), they mutually went back to friendship but no hearts were broken and no tears were shed. They still hang out tons whenever possible and write when distant. Throughout high school, Aids never had to diet because she was a thin but perfectly healthy size. Because of this, she was the victim of torturing kilted piggies of the school. Rumors spread that she was anorexic, bullemic etc and that she had a fear of being raped just because she kept her drink with her at social events. In 2005 when she worked at the local McDonald's she was verbally harassed to the point that it became sexual harassment. One of the harassers was a supervisor who also was a classmate. One night at the local Walmart Mcdonald's, the only employees present were Aids, a harassing grill boy and the harassing supervisor. The two harassers had friends come in to help with the verbal insults and comments so when six pm came around (the busiest time at the restaurant) and the lineup was outside the arches, Aids walked off the shift, heading straight to the main McDonalds to report everything. The manager, a total sweetie I might add, was extremely upset by what was going on and wanted the two men gone. The owner, who liked the two men better, basically gave them the ol' "don't do it again, it's not nice" deal and walked away. He had spread that the harassment was Aids' fault, causing other supervisors to give her trouble. They did anything to try to find a reason to fire her including failing her on reviews for unethical reasons. Eventually, Aids quit to become a wedding server, bartender and dishwasher. She now works in retail at a large children's store.

She's had 2 surgeries, one jaw, one spinal (scoliosis) and is full of titanium. Her frequent visits to Hotel Dieu/Kingston Gen somewhat inspired her and motivated her to go into nursing. She is now in 2nd year and loving it. *Heart*

Because Aids was never the Regina George or a plastic of her high school, she wanted to make an influence in college. She joined the Student Govt's Lancer Squad and has done it for two years now. She also took part in numerous casting calls and photoshoots for the student handbooks and random advertisements for the school. The student government knows her well and her face is almost everywhere. She plans on running for the Director of Entertainment next year.

<center><b>Other Random Facts</b></center>
She is an absolute movie lover and has usually seen at least 3/4 of the movies playing at her local theatres. She is not a great fan of musicals, except Chicago. She hates High School Musical with a passion and wishes they would change the name to Middle School Musical, if not burn every existing copy of the dvds and cds.

She loves to dine on a chinese meal consisting of chicken balls, sweet&sour pork with fried rice. She is also obsessed with pastas and loved being in Italy because of the countless pasta meals. Everyone else whined.

She has a not-so-secret affection for Gordon Ramsey (he looked good in his day, ok?). She loves getting to watch him every week taking charge on Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.

She received a Toronto Maple Leafs Wendel Clark (#17) jersey for Christmas in 1996 which she got autographed in Sept of 2007.

Her autograph collection consists of Wendel Clark, Sean Gehon (Much VJ Search/Star Daily), Trevor Boris (Video On Trial) and her autographed copy of Dropkick Murphys' "The Meanest of Times".

© Copyright 2007 Casey (UN: wearred4aids at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Casey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552554