*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552569
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Casey
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1355308
My blog :)
#552569 added November 30, 2007 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
Year 1 Orientation


* Sep. 22nd, 2006 at 12:34 AM

Wow, just wow. College orientation has been awesome so far but Hedley/Motion Picture Ending's performance at the pub just topped it off completely.

At th beginning of the night, I drove the long way to the college thinking I didn't want to be too early, my mistake. I walked to the end of the line of people and could no longer see the college. I was afraid that I would not get in due to it selling out. What I believed to be Hedley's bus was near me. One of the rooms at the had a big screen television, an groupie watching the tv and a bra hanging near the tv.

Once I actually got inside, I managed to get a spot less than eight feet from the stage. That's when Motion Picture Ending came out. Motion Picture Ending was great for a local band. I think they won the crowd over with their awesome rock ballad about Paris Hilton being a dumb blonde. Sounds juvenile but it was awesome. The song contained the line "..a blonde that ain't that hot", hehe THAT'S HOT!..Eww. My feet were falling asleep by the end of their set, during which time I made a friend, Mike. We waited for Hedley, talked for like 20 minutes and went to my car to get my gum, I had a horrible taste in my mouth from the pasta I'd eaten earlier.

So the show had started, and we were still eight feet away from the stage. They played my favourite songs off their album including On My Own, Trip and 321. They also played Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag. I sang along to every song I could.

Jacob was so funny with his vulgarity. They wanted us to scream; sing along; clap; throw our hands up; shake our fists and middle fingers; sing Oh Canada (since they were homesick from touring the United States for so long); protest that we f*** our enemies, friends, and themselves hard, which everyone participated in and laughed at, including them; and even sing "Hedley sucks big balls" for awhile He also had us sing "Chris is a *ag but there's nothing wrong with that", with Chris being his guitarist.

Awesome show, can't wait for the next pub night. Bedouin Soundclash is coming next. I might go to that.

Meanwhile, here's a video I took of Hedley, enjoy.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1146176681

© Copyright 2007 Casey (UN: wearred4aids at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Casey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552569