*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552577
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Casey
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1355308
My blog :)
#552577 added November 30, 2007 at 6:46pm
Restrictions: None
Bang the Doldrums
* Jun. 29th, 2007 at 1:14 PM

It's amazing how perspective can change after a lifestyle transition. Main example being the change in my perspective on my hometown. In high school, I couldn't stand this town. I was consistently bored and wasted many hours of my time walking mindlessly or watching old Simpsons reruns. I wanted nothing more than to quit my terribly slave labour-like jobs, graduate and get out. I considered moving to the city nearby into my cousin's somewhat dirty apartment.

College and a consistent, but still disgusting and stressful, job came along and all of my perspective changed. Maybe it was maturity, maybe it was a surge of infinite optimism but I started to see the beauty that is the area in which I live. The clear but green watered beaches, the constant sound of humming planes military planes, the mountain square in the middle consistenly used as a makeout point for drunks and druggies alike. The graveyard where my grandmother, grandfather and uncles have been laid to rest. The small pond in the forest behind my home where we grew catnip for my late cat. The CN Bridge which had the middle removed to stop moronic children from once again playing and falling off it into the tentacle-gifting river.

This place has so much more meaning to me now than ever before, I can't even explain all the reasons why. To the place of my birth, I love you,

© Copyright 2007 Casey (UN: wearred4aids at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Casey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552577