*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554201
by ~Sue~
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1315555
Catherine wondered what it was about her that made her so unloveable?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#554201 added January 9, 2008 at 4:50am
Restrictions: None
Epilogue
Epilogue







Texas 12 months later
It was early evening and Catherine was sitting on the porch seat with Luke.  He was feeding a bottle to their six month old daughter Katie as he rocked the swing using his booted foot to push against the porch rail. 
         Katie sucked away greedily and she soon emptied the feeder.  Luke laughed and lifting her against his shoulder patted her back until she finally produced the requisite burp.  Cradling her back into the crook of his elbow Luke put his free arm around Catherine and pulled her close.
         Catherine sighed deeply with contentment as she thought back over the last twelve months.  Their wedding had gone ahead as Luke had planned and Catherine had worn her fairytale dress. It had been such a wonderful day.  They’d moved into her apartment after the wedding and they had lived there until Luke had completed the work he’d come over from the States to do. 
         Katie had been born in England but once Luke had settled the new man in as head of the city office, they’d left for America.
         Catherine fell in love with Texas at first sight which was handy because although Luke was at the head of a large company his love of ranching ran it a close second. 
         Grace and Tom were coming out in a few weeks to look after Katie while Luke took Catherine away for a belated honeymoon.  He hadn’t told her yet but he was taking her touring and had included Nashville on the list of places he was taking her to see.
         Before they left England James had been found guilty of assault and false imprisonment and had been detained indefinitely in a mental health facility.  It seemed that stress and over indulgence in alcohol had led to him having a breakdown.  To make matters worse, after the trial a number of discrepancies had come to light regarding some of his client’s accounts and so it looked like he would also be facing fraud charges. 
         But to Catherine none of that mattered now, it was all in the past.  She had finally found the one thing that she’d always longed for.  She was part of a loving family.  Luke’s family was now her family and they had their beautiful daughter Katie; all they needed now to complete the picture was a miniature Luke.  Maybe they could spend some time working on it as soon as Katie was asleep!

                                                              ***


© Copyright 2008 ~Sue~ (UN: ici_sue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~Sue~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554201