*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555091-Kittens-Gone-to-New-Homes
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#555091 added December 14, 2007 at 2:07am
Restrictions: None
Kittens Gone to New Homes
This has been the year of the kittens for me.

I was blessed with the companionship of a dear kitty for 20 years. When she passed, I adopted three beautiful kittens from the same litter. Two are female. They both came in to heat for the first time in the spring.

Stella had the first litter, adding to the feline population by six. Angel had her babies about 3-4 weeks later. She had five. Most of the summer there were eleven kittens running around my house. It wasn't safe to put a foot down without looking.

Stella was going to be fixed, but she went for a multi-days away from home outing. I ran a newspaper ad on Labor Day to find homes for the two litters. There were still kittens here when Stella disappeared. Anyhow, she began to become very round, and she was indeed pregnant again. Angel got a spay appointment at that point.

In late September Stella had EIGHT kittens. I ran a newspaper ad last weekend, and the last kitten left us today. Stella's not calling for her babies--I think she's glad to be rid of the responsibility.

I gave my kittens away for free, and I had lots of phone calls. Most of the ads ask for $25 for a basic cat. The Humane Society charges $85 for a neutered pet. They are expensive!

Now that the babies have homes, I can give my two dogs and three grown cats the attention the kittens stole from them. It's been a hectic household for quite some time. I'm calling the vet for an appointment for Stella tomorrow. Enough kittens for this round of pets!
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555091-Kittens-Gone-to-New-Homes