*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559922-Let-the-Cat-Out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#559922 added January 9, 2008 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Let the Cat Out
Tempers flared this morning. I kept my cool even though I was seething. I hissed through my teeth in an effort not to raise my voice – which I so wanted to do. That and pick up a near by object and fling it.

Two mornings in a row laney and I have had at it. Can i throw my towel in? I guess, for her, it sucks being eighteen and still living at home -- having to listen to your parents. Parents who, I might add, she calls ‘cool’ when she isn’t mad.

It all started when Ruby, her cat woke her up fifteen minutes before she had to get up. God forbid one should loose fifteen minutes of sleep. Somehow, this was my fault. Maybe it was the ‘easy’ button I forgot to press – you know, the one that magically silences the cat’s meows. Well, somebody had to take the blame; it might as well be me. Personally, I’d opt for Ruby – the cat herself. Apparently, she’s just too dang cute for blame. Mom was next in line.

I remember a phone conversation with a friend of mine whose daughter is now out of college and gainfully employed, living in a town not too far away from him. He told me, she and her mother – his wife, engaged in a full-blown war during her entire senior year.

“It’s part of being a senior.” He told me, his voice filled with better get used to it tones.

His theory cited something about the fighting making the break from home easier.

Whatever.

I just want peace in the morning as I rush around the house snatching up dirty laundry then stuffing it in washing machine while gulping on luke-warm coffee before I dash back to the bedroom and toss the sheets and comforter over the bed in a lame effort to called the bed 'quasi-made.'

Okay, since I’ve dogged poor laney out I’ll share something nice about her. We got her satellite radio for Christmas [XM]. Her favorite station? The 1940’s! it’s pretty cool , listening to Bing Crosby and Jimmy Dorsey. The station plays newscasts from the ‘40’s, too. Pretty cool, huh?

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559922-Let-the-Cat-Out