*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560455-Tequila-Sunset
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#560455 added January 11, 2008 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Tequila Sunset
With the solstice less than a month behind us, I can already tell the days are lenghtening. Not on the front end, of course - I make it a point to never rise before the sun - but at the end of the day, when it's actually still light when I leave work.

Between my back pain and the meds I'm taking for it, I was in a foul mood this evening, from the time I got off work until I got to Baja Bean, a local Cal/Mex restaurant.

The distinguishing feature of Baja Bean is its Tequila Club. You get a Green Card with 20 boxes on it. Each box contains the name of a tequila, from crap like Cuervo to nectar like Patron Silver. Each time you order a different tequila - shot, small margarita, or grande margarita - you get a punch on the card. When you're done, you get a t-shirt and $1 off any future tequila purchase.

Today's tequila punch was the aforementioned Patron Silver. I had it in a margarita. A fucking HUGE margarita that cost me $16, plus tip (that $1 off will come in handy when I achieve it). And then, everything was better.

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560455-Tequila-Sunset