*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560536-31-and-sunny
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#560536 added January 12, 2008 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
31 and sunny
Cara's here!!! It is soooooo good to see my daughter after a year!!!! We (Ken, Cara and I) all went out for dinner last night...NICE! Tomorrow, finally, is Christmas! Yippee!

Had a horrible experience yesterday morning......

Driving down the road off the road we live on and there's a white blob in the road...I pulled over and no more than I got out of the car, I freaked. Full out, total, complete freaked! Ken had been behind me and he got out too. In the middle of the road was a bichon that had been hit by a car. It was dead. It looked exactly like our bichon. I'd never even seen another bichon in our neighborhood!

It had a collar exactly like Bear's (our bichon) I was screaming for Ken to tell me it wasn't our dog. he couldn't tell as it looked exactly!!! like ours. He left me with the dog and went home to check. I was crying and wanting to fix the dog and there was nothing i could do.

He came back a few minutes later and took so long (probably only seconds, but it FELT like forever) getting out of the car and all I could think was that he was trying to figure out how to tell me it was ours...

But it wasn't!!! Ours was home on the back of the couch 'guarding the house' as she always does.

I was still crying but now because it wasn't ours and ours was safe and...and...but...someone else's wasn't okay and someone else would now go through what i just had. While i was soo happy ours was okay, I was miserable that this one wasn't. I was shaking like a leaf and it still is really bothering me! When i got home i started crying all over again as i held our wiggling puppy.

Nothing like running the emotional gauntlet. Ours is named Bear because my daughter's nickname as a child was 'carebear' which shortened to 'Bear' as she grew older. And it is Cara, or 'Bear' that I picked up at the airport yesterday afternoon.

So now i have both my bears safe and sound...but I'm exhausted! *grin*


© Copyright 2008 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560536-31-and-sunny