*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560571-Au-Revoir-Once-More
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#560571 added January 12, 2008 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Au Revoir Once More
Oh what a beautiful morning ...oh, what a beautiful day...I've got a wonderful feeling...everything's going my way.

Not really, I'm just practicing being upbeat and positive. Am I fooling you?

I have to be up before five tomorrow morning. I will really, really look forward to that. *Rolleyes* I will be calm and patient with grumpyguts hubby as we drive to the airport and make no comment if he makes a few wrong turns. I will just smile sweetly if the flight is delayed, I'm sandwiched between some adorable children or deprived of a meal.

So, for a week I will be absent from Blogville, although no doubt I'll access the internet at the hotel in Lanzarote and drop in here. I hope to enjoy some sunshine, books, swimming, trips out and relaxation. I will explain to hubby in dulcet tones that even though we don't see much of each other in retirement *Rolleyes* and much as I love being in his company twenty-four hours a day, *Rolleyes* I need to take some long, solitary walks to clear my head a bit. I am looking forward to this; you never know who I might bump into on my travels.

I'll also remind him gently that on return I'll need to start working on the Blogville News, so will need some quiet, alone time to think things through and make plans. So, could all you wonderful, industrious and talented columnists start working on your pieces this week and I expect them all completed and in my mailbox on return, plus a hundred votes for the Blogger of the Month. Thank you.*Wink*

Okay, time to finish off the delightful task of packing summer clothes in the middle of our freezing cold, wet winter. But, of course you won't hear me complaining. The new, improved, positive and good-tempered Scarlett will not let a cynical, sarcastic or cross word pass her lips.

And if you believe that, you'll believe anything. *Laugh* Take care of yourselves, be good and don't do anything I wouldn't do. *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560571-Au-Revoir-Once-More